A gift card is a prepaid stored-value money card that customers can use to pay for their orders.
The gift card is sold as a product and the amount of selling will not be reflected in the sales reports.
When a gift card is sold the customers can use the gift card as a payment method when making orders.
How To Create Gift Cards
- Click on Menu button on the sidebar.
- Click on Gift Cards.
- Click on Create Gift Card.
- Enter the basic details of the Gift Card.
- Click on Save.
Tip: You can deactivate a gift card in certain branches by addding them in the
Inactive Branchessection. Or you can deactivate it entirely from the deactivate button on top.
Make sure to sync data in the Cashier Application to start selling gift cards to your customers.
How To Sell Gift Cards
Once you create a gift card and sync your data:
- Open the Cashier Application and browse to your Gift Card category or Menu Group.
- Tap on the gift card name in the menu to add it to the order.
- A popup will show to enter the Gift Card Code which will be used later when trying to pay using gift cards. (Note: the code must be unique).
- Tap on Save, you will be directed to the payment page.
- Select the payment method and the payment amount.
- Tap on Pay.